At the end of another amazing year of TinkerTech classes, TinkerTech Founder Claire Comins reflects on how children learn through maker and coding activities - and what makes TinkerTech classes unique
What makes our classes special (and different to other classes you may find)
- TinkerTech classes encourage creativity and active hands-on learning under the umbrella of a fun, idea-generating theme. These themes inspire design and engineering challenges that quickly take the maker activity beyond the ‘making it work’ level and give classes a purpose and direction that have real meaning for the students
- TinkerTech themes are real-world or fantastical and can be adapted to the age and skill level of the class. From Build A City to Superheroes, our themes have low walls and high ceilings - the challenges might be constrained by materials but the outcome is fairly open meaning students can take each project as far as they like.
- While they build their projects, students are also building their own stories about them, making TinkerTech a truly cross-curricula STEAM class.
- TinkerTech is well equipped with edtech tools and materials. We have a wide inventory of different maker tools and introduce children to these at developmentally appropriate levels.
- We believe true STEAM activity connects people through their making and encourages imagination, creativity and team-work. This powerful combination is great preparation for the kind of problem-solving needed in any good school or working environment.
- Through our TinkerTech licensed curriculum of copyrighted activities, activities are presented by child-friendly characters. While the classes focus on hands-on learning, these TinkerTech characters in our digital content explore activities further, explaining science concepts and retelling stories and the achievements of famous engineers, inventors and artists.
Find out more about how you can bring TinkerTech activities to your school through classes or community events. Contact us by email email@example.com